- “Win a piece from the Horses Atelier SS15 Collection with FLARE” Contest
- (the “Contest”)
1. ENTRY PERIOD & CONTEST SPONSORS.
- (a) The “Win a piece from the Horses Atelier SS15 Collection with FLARE” (the “contest”) is brought to you by Rogers Publishing Limited, publisher of FLARE (herein “Rogers”). Rogers is hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”.
- (b) The Contest entry period (the “Entry Period”) starts at 12:00 pm (noon) on Oct 9, 2014 and continues until 5 pm on Oct 14, 2014. All times are Eastern.
2. HOW TO ENTER
- (a) No purchase necessary.
- (b) This Contest may be entered in either of the following ways:
- i) FLARE/Horses/Jonathan and Olivia Instagram entry: To be eligible to enter the Contest by means of Instagram entry, you must have a valid Instagram account and must have “followed” the FLARE, Horses Atelier and/or Jonathan+Olivia Instagram pages at http://instagram.com/flaremag (“FLARE Instagram page”), http://instagram.com/horsesatelier and/or http://instagram.com/jonathanolivia.For greater certainty, you can “Follow” the Instagram page by logging into your Twitter account and clicking on the “Follow” button on the above entities’ Instagram page. To enter the Contest via Instagram log into your Instagram account, visit one of the above Instagram pages and follow the directions on the post that will be made available on Oct 9 at or around 12:00 pm (noon).
If you do not have an Instagram account, visit Instagram.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Instagram account.
By creating an Instagram account, you commit to respect the Instragram conditions and policies. The contest is in no way, sponsored by, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
Questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest have to be sent to the Contest Sponsor and not to Instagram. By participating in this Contest, you renounce claims against Instagram, Inc.
- ii) FLARE/Horses Atelier/Jonathan+Olivia Twitter entry: To be eligible to enter the Contest by means of Twitter entry, you must have a valid Twitter account and must have “followed” the FLARE, Horses Atelier and/or Jonathan+Olivia Twitter pages at https://twitter.com/flarefashion (“FLARE Twitter page”), the Horses Atelier Twitter page at https://twitter.com/HorsesAtelier and/or the Jonathan+Olivia Twitter page at https://twitter.com/jonathanolivia.For greater certainty, you can “Follow” the Twitter page by logging into your Twitter account and clicking on the “Follow” button on the above entities’ Twitter pages. To enter the Contest via Twitter, log into your Twitter account, visit one of the above Twitter pages and follow the directions on the post that will be made available on Oct 9 at or around 12:00 pm (noon) using the #horsesflareJandO hashtag, by the Contest Closing Date.
If you do not have a Twitter account, visit Twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Twitter account.
By creating a Twitter account account, you commit to respect the Twitter conditions and policies. The contest is in no way, sponsored by, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
Questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest have to be sent to the Contest Sponsor and not to Twitter. By participating in this Contest, you renounce claims against Twitter, Inc.
- iii) Email entry: During the Entry Period, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Win a SS15 Horses Atelier piece” and send us your Horses Atelier-inspired self portrait for a chance to win this Contest. Include in the body of your email your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and age. An email duly written and sent will constitute one valid entry to the Contest.
- (c) ENTRY LIMIT: LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON regardless of the platform used to participate.
- (d) Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these rules shall be deemed to be tampering and will void all of your entries. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, false, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Contest rules will be void. Only entries received by Rogers will be considered. Proof of entry transmission shall not constitute proof of receipt. Rogers reserves the right to refuse any entry in its absolute discretion.
- (e) Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- (f) If entry to this Contest is by means of a third party service or site (a “Third Party Service”), such as a social media or social networking site, entrants must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and may be required to have a public (i.e. non-private) account in order to participate. By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with the Third Party Service’s terms and policies. This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by any Third Party Service. In particular, all entrants acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”), and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not to Twitter. By participating in this Contest, you completely release Twitter of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
- (a) The Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.
- (b) Employees, officers and directors of any Contest Sponsor, its affiliates or representatives, any Contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom the foregoing individuals reside are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- (c) The Contest Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTION
- (a) Participants are eligible to win two (2) tickets to an upcoming FLARE/Horses Atelier/Jonathan+Olivia cocktail event and their choice of a piece from the Horses Atelier SS15 collection.
- (b) No financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the total value quoted in these rules. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged absent the consent of the Contest Sponsor, which consent may be withheld in its absolute discretion.
- (c) Prizing may not be exactly as advertised. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever the reason, of any advertised prize in whole or in part.
- (d) Except as expressly warranted herein, any Contest prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
- (a) The winner will be chosen by a representative(s) of the Contest Sponsor from all entries received will be made around noon, on Oct 15 2014.
- (b) Each entrant is responsible to verify if he/she has been selected via private message or comment on the platform used to participate. Selected entrants must make themselves known within the 12 hours following the first attempt of contact, by responding to FLARE’s message via the Twitter function (if the winner has entered via the Twitter mechanism), including their full name, mailing address and phone number or as requested by FLARE.
- (c) If the participant has entered via the Rogers email address mean, s/he will be contacted by email and by phone provided during the participation. The chosen participant will have to respond within 12 hours. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within the 12 hours following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
- (d) Decisions and rulings of the Contest Sponsor and/or their representatives are final and binding without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of a prize.
- (e) To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; be in full compliance with these Contest rules; and, in the discretion of the Contest Sponsor, sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as may reasonably be required by the Contest Sponsor in its absolute discretion.
- (f) A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of identification to the Contest Sponsor when claiming a prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest to facilitate the Contest Sponsor’s accurate identification of a Contest winner.
- (g) If a selected entrant does not fulfill the conditions set out in these rules, or declines or forfeits a Contest prize, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to cancel the Contest prize, to select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries pursuant to the process described in this section, above, or to donate the Contest prize to a charity of their choosing.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY / CONSENT TO PUBLICITY.
By accepting a Contest prize, the winner: confirms compliance with these Contest rules; acknowledges that the prize is not transferable (except as provided for herein and only at the Contest Sponsor’s absolute discretion) and must be accepted as awarded or otherwise except where stated; consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, entry, voice, statements, photographs and/or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies regarding the Contest or the prize, without further notice or compensation; and releases each of the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest, and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding and/or use of any Contest prize.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
The Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each entrant releases the Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest and any Contest prize, including, without limitation the administration of the Contest, the selection and confirmation of any Contest winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of any Contest prize.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
6. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question administrated by phone; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. In the event the selected entrant is a minor, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed to be the entrant who must meet all contest eligibility requirements and who may accept the prize on behalf of the minor. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
- (a) LAWS AND RULES. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Contest rules, which shall be subject to amendment by Rogers without notice or liability to you. Entrants must comply with these Contest rules and will be deemed to have received and understood these rules by participating in this Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These rules are governed exclusively by the laws of the province in which you reside, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such province. Rights and remedies may vary by province.
- (b) CANCEL AND AMEND. Rogers reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest or to amend the Contest rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor, Rogers reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
- (c) CONDUCT. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that they find to be: violating the Contest rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and Rogers reserves the right to ban or disqualify an entrant from this Contest and any future contests.
- (d) IDENTITY OF ONLINE ENTRANT. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of a Twitter entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account provided at the time of entry.