Newlywed Emily Blunt walked the red carpet at the Emmy’s but it was her hairstyle that really stole the show. After creating her wedding do, stylist Laini Reeves wanted to try a style that was completely different and new. “Once I saw the gown, I knew that a modern look based on the waved looks of the 20’s was the perfect compliment for the design.”
Here’s how she created the hairstyle in 5 easy steps:
1) After shampooing Emily’s hair with Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo, she mixed a cocktail of Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream and the original Moroccanoil Treatment, blending them from middle to ends of the hair to control ends and flyaways and provide natural-looking, soft hold.
2) Next, she says, “I made a low side-part on the right, pin-curled hair in alternating patterns towards the left, and behind the right side. Since Emily’s gown had a beautiful beaded accent on the right shoulder, I wanted to place the hair behind the ear to show this off. (I made the pin-curls in the classic way pinning three alternate rows of pin-curls (anti-clockwise/clockwise/anti-clockwise).”
3) Reeves then misted Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray on wet hair and let it air-dry for one hour so the waves would look softer yet controlled when they were brushed.
4) Once hair had air-dried, Reeves released the pin-curls and raked her fingers through the hair. Using a panel brush to keep hair flat to the head so it wouldn’t disturb the root movement of the wave, she gently brushed from part to ends so hair fell into a wave.
5) Finally, Reeves shaped and styled the flow of the look. “I framed the left side of Emily’s face with a cascade of waves (and placed a hidden pair pin to hold it in place),” she says. To accent the look, she attached a vintage diamond headpiece above the right ear by criss-crossing two bobby pins and sewing it in with silver thread.
Whether your tresses are long or short, this jeweled updo is the perfect bridal hairstyle for your big day.