2. What was your favourite album when you were a kid?
I really loved Anne Murray’s There’s a Hippo in My Bathtub.
3. Could you name a favourite movie?
All the Real Girls.
4. What’s your greatest extravagance?
Traveling to Europe, in the south of France and Paris and Spain. I love it there.
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Probably not dying. I was crazy when I was a teenager. I snowboard, and I bike in the winter so I sometimes feel it’s a miracle I’m alive.
6. If you were to come back to live as an animal, what would be it?
A cat. A white one.
7. What’s your astrological sign?
Aquarius. January 29th.
8. What’s your favourite pair of shoes you’ve ever owned?
I have a pair of vintage Red Wings from the ’70s that are super awesome. I also have vintage Air Jordans.
9. What’s your favourite book?
The Road by Cormack McCarthy.
10. What do you think is your most marked characteristic in your art?
Messiness? Maybe a designed chaos. A lot of what I do is pretty insane but there’s a method to the madness. “Intuitive mark-making.”
11. What’s your current state of mind?
I think a lot of really good things are happening in this moment and I want to “ride the wave.” Move forward and not fall.
12. If you were to have a motto, what would it be?
“Don’t die.” Also, “Care about what you do.”