Mosha Lundström Halbert, Fashion News Editor, is on the scene and at the shows in London. Here are her top tweets from day two:
1. Photogs growing crazy for Lana Del Rey – zooming in for close-up of her hot topic pout.
2. Tom Ford himself just talked us (and about 20 other eds) through his collection. Most amazing croc (patched onto jersey) and alpaca pieces.
3. Sources at Tom Ford say they are working on getting geometric burnout velvet gown on a worthy actress at the Oscars. Ford’s favourite look.
4. Tip for designer PRs: put label’s twitter handle on show invites.
5. And it opens with ivory. First look at Marios Schwab #LFW. Laser cut lace dresses with odd green underskirts. Strong Persian lamb coats.
6. Patent leather lounge suit, pleated knee length swing skirts and nylon puffa pieces paired with creeper penny loafers at JW Anderson.
7. Ooh a pint stripe puffa vest? Yes please. Innovative and irreverent use of materials at JW Anderson. A rising London star. #LFW
8. Spotted at Thomas Tait: @HoltRenfrew’s Barb Atkin. Supporting our homegrown designers is so important.
9. Thomas Tait’s show is in a stone cold warehouse in a Shoreditch. Thank goodness they are brewing tea. Real grass runway an interesting touch
10. That’s Michelle Williams seated next to Lana del Rey and Elizabeth Olsen @Mulberry_Editor
11. Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockerty and Laura Carmichael were also at @Mulberry_Editor. Barely recognized them out of costume. & @TinieTempah!
12. Mustard yellow leather pants with great navy car coat open Thomas Tait. He has a deft outerwear vision. Cool spins on quilted hunting jacket
13. Ribbed leather turtlenecks and full leather trousers at Thomas Tait. More subtly sporty than last season, but still a keen athleticism.
14. Super late for @Topshop and a broken glass fell and hit me. Zut!
15. Covetable Prince of Wales check jumpers, lounge slippers and double breasted vests – you don’t get more English than Paul Smith. #LFW
16. Congrats to creative Canadian designer @jeffrey_design on his first #LFW show. A keyboard dress, we kid you not!
17. Phone died. Quick #LFW hits: mad prints at Louise Gray, polished up boho at Matthew Williamson & stiff glossed leather coats @acne_online.
18. Another tidbit from Tom Ford we have to share: intro’d Kansas’ Lindsey Wixson as from Arkansas. She sassily corrected him. “Feisty!” said TF
19. London trends thus far: bonded leathers, down-filled fabrics and one rich hue worn head-to-toe. Cozy inside-out shearling also spotted.
20. Oh and let us add that belts have gone super wide this season. Buckle up. #LFW