Pink Tartan designer Kimberly Newport-Mimran tells us that her Spring/Summer 11 collection actually features several mini collections:
1) Desert Sand: inspired by neutral tones of sand from Arizona, morocco and Spain;
2) Smooth Sail: Nautical inspired stripe and sailor pants with an injection of neon mixed with navy;
3) Dreaming of Dior: Inspired by Dior’s ‘new look’ and Carmel snow. Dressed up Hounds tooth in lady like shapes, feminine tailoring in powerful black and white contrasts;
4) Urban Jungle: Khaki and Natural prints mixed with sequins for an earthy evening look;
5) Pretty in Pink: ‘ultra feminine’ all shades of pink with petals, jewels, and feathers;
6) Boy meets Girl: Pink Tartan’s take on tailoring – androgynous suiting and shirts to be paired with sexy shoes
Pink Tartan presents its Spring ’11 collection on Tuesday, October 19th at 6 pm. Check back the following morning to see the collection, reviews and our video interview with the Kimberly Newport-Mimran.