After several seasons of showing his Vawk line at the AGO, Sunny Fong brought his show to the LG Fashion Week runway last night. Here are five things we loved about this focused, well-tailored collection:
1. The wool knit hybrid jacket. This tan pea coat has sleeves that seamlessly transition from from woven wool to a knit–quite the innovation.
2. A bordeaux military-style coat with coyote fur trim. The diagonal direction of the trim gives an unexpected twist to this classic coat.
3. Each season Fong includes a diverse range of models. It is nice to see he takes non-catwalking women into account when designing his collections.
4. The black Mongolian chubby coat. Shown with a waist cinching belt this is one coat that could easily be lived in all season long.
5. A sheer black blouse with leather bib. This blouse gave the collection the right amount of edge without being overly provocative.