I’m back in the city of lights for fashion week. Day 2 held everything from a private tour of Eddie Borgo’s fantastic jewelry line (with the designer himself) to a catwalk performance by Lady Gaga. Plus a few major show in between like Dries Van Noten, Carven, Rochas and Gareth Pugh, it all made for a great start.
Every day I’ll be bringing you my top ten highlights. Here’s the best from a busy first day:
1. Of-the-moment label Carven showed my favorite look of the day: a slick blazer, draped skirt and bra top accessorized with an accordion pleated white collar. Naughty and nice all in one look. Also loved the bell shaped skirts and wedged loafer shoes.
2. The super cute and kind jewelry designer Eddie Borgoo who gave me a personal walk through of his jewelry collection. His inspiration came from the book Art Forms in Nature by Ernst Haeckel. I’m coveting the locust and dragonfly necklace and cuff.
3. Dries Van Noten’s print- and texture-filled collection—all of it! But if I’m forced to choose, then the extra wide legged pants and floor sweeping trained skirts were modern and fresh.
4. Rochas 50’s inspired boy-meets-girl collection was very pretty with finishing touches like salmon coloured astrakan hats to set a playful mood.
5. The oversized slouchy shouldered peacoat at Rochas is on my must-buy list.
6. Sitting behind Daphne Guinness at Gareth Pugh. Full stop.
7. Gareth Pugh’s shock of electric blue dresses cut in his avant garde silhouettes—so refreshing amidst a sea of black.
8. Seeing Lady Gaga strut her stuff at Nicola Formechetti’s debut women’s collection for Mugler.
9. Proud patriotism watching Canuck models Jessica Stam, Coco Rocha and Tara Gill at Mugler. And we can’t forget tattooed male model-of-the-moment, Rico, who hails from Montreal.
10. Couldn’t help but love the black sheer leopard print fur sleeved numbers at Mugler.
VIEW ALL OF THE RUNWAY COLLECTIONS FROM DAY 1 HERE