1. Altuzarra’s show was like a deep, fresh breath. The collection was stunning and sophisticated and easily stood out among the other collections I’ve seen so far. I fell in love with the double-faced cashmere coat in army green and bright pink. Read my exclusive story about the designer here.
2. Alexander Wang’s show was on Saturday evening at a new venue in the Brooklyn Navy Yards, which overlooked Manhattan’s sparkling city-scape. The show was fantastic, high production and, in a word, fierce, which made the excruciating hour-long drive back, out of the yards on one-way streets stuffed full of town cars, completely worth it.
3. There’s been a running theme this weekend where I’ve been sat across from the designer’s family at multiple shows. Friday, at Rag & Bone, it was Marcus Wainwright’s three adorable children, who danced to the music and looked to be dressed in miniature samples from their dad’s label. On Saturday, Joseph Altuzarra’s parents looked happy and proud. But my favourite of all happened Sunday morning at Victoria Beckham’s show, when David and their four extremely beautiful children took their seats at the last minute. The most adorable moment? When he snapped a selfie of himself and a top knot-sporting Harper, who was sitting on his knee.
4. The biggest street style status symbol? Fur. Both real and faux. It’s everywhere. And it’s serious.
5. A trifecta of Canadians hugely impressed. Tanya Taylor‘s black and white and neon all over collection was cute and cool. Calla‘s prints were adorably tongue-in-cheek. And Kaelen’s easy, breezy pieces were both wearable and covetable.