1. Michael Kors’s show was a highlight not only because of the beautiful, gypset clothing, but also for the Canadian influence. Alana Zimmer, Liisa Winkler and Meghan Collison walked the runway and Neil Young’s “Harvest Moon” was a soundtrack highlight. Meanwhile, Blake Lively, Rose Byrne and Frieda Pinto sat front row.
2. Speaking of celebrity sightings, Jason Wu’s debut for Boss brought out some serious Hollywood representation. His bestie Diane Kruger was there, along with seat mates Gerard Butler, Benedict Cumberbatch, Reese Witherspoon and an immaculate Gwyneth Paltrow.
3. Despite subzero temperatures, the street style madness continues. Sprinting to capture the likes of Anna Wintour and Hanneli, I saw multiple icy wipeouts. I hope the shots were worth it!
4. Marchesa’s show was set in the soaring space in the New York Public Library, which leant gravity to the label’s decadent collection—all intricate embroidery and heavenly gowns.
5. The Proenza Schouler collection felt like a reunion with an old friend. The rounded sleeves and patchworked fabrics were familier territory for the duo, but remade in fresh, thoroughly modern ways.
Flip through all the best Fall 2014 shows from New York Fashion Week here!