1. Resee appointments, where we get to see the runway collection up close at the brand’s showroom, are always a highlight of fashion week for me. Watching the Fendi show was enjoyable, but seeing all the accessories up close, taking the layers on the catwalk apart and learning about the materials and construction process for each piece is even more magical. I’m particularly excited about their new 3Jour bags and the hunting-inspired boots in the fall Fendi collection.
2. I’m not a hat wearer, but the oversized bowler hats at Emporio Armani really demonstrated what a powerful impact headwear can make on an outfit. The cropped trousers and chunky flats in the show had plenty of attitude and appeal on their own, but I loved the effect of the hats on each look overall.
3. Today was a beautiful (and briefly sunny!) day in Milan, which meant that street style photographers enjoyed prime conditions to take all those images we love to look at online and in magazines. Outside the Etro show, Anna Dello Russo literally stopped traffic to be photographed by countless numbers of photographers. In case you were curious, she was wearing pieces from the Jeremy Scott for Moschino collection that was just on the runway the night before.
4. I liked how Donatella kept things simple and chic at Versace this season, focusing on sexy bodycon dresses. There were nice details like leather fringe trim, rainbow-hued fur coats and sexy thigh-high boots, but I predict that it’s those confidence-boosting mini dresses that will sell like hotcakes.
5. In between shows and resees, I also make time to stop by some of Flare’s favourite accessories showrooms and see the best of the next season. From updated cowboy boots at Gianvitto Rossi to element-inspired heels at Sergio Rossi, there was a lot to covet. Time to start planning what we’ll want to feature in the upcoming issues of Flare!