1. Pretty collection at Marni that showed a lot of red, patent, mixed fur textures, floral patterns & artsy embellishments #mfw
2. Thought I’d leave Milan without shopping at Prada. Highly unlikely altho will skip hot wheels trend.
3. After my invite to @dolcegabbana was scanned (a first) this is what I walked into. Roses everywhere.
4. Fashion Week fact: if you wear a ridiculous costume, you will be praised for your “street style”
5. Helen Mirren swings & swirls in a cheeky print dress & lace coat @dolcegabbana. Clearly loved the experience. Editors swoon
6. One by one the celebs troop in to pose before the photo pit. Next up Monica Bellucci @dolcegabbana
7. It’s OTT gold and brocade @dolcegabbana. Even the knee socks are gold embroidered. #mfw
8. Like pasta is to Italian food, Dolce & Gabbana is to Italian fashion. Lace, roses, embellishment.
9. I will never be convinced that knickers are fashion. Even when they’re in an all gold/ black finale at Dolce&Gabbana. Finale = amazing!
10. Fashion Week fact: if you have an invitation & a reserved seat, you should shove everyone else out of your way. Sigh.
11. Shrunken bodice-wrapped knits & zig-zags, of course, belted-high at Missoni #mfw
12. Missoni progresses from lovely earth-tone hand-crafts to sea-blue knits with metallic threads to red-hot materials with sheen #mfw
13. Salvatore Ferragamo shows military coats & suits for day, floaty gold trimmed peasant dresses for night. #mfw
14. Fashion Week fact: Seats are jammed so closely together that you will become inmediately acquainted with strangers hips.
15. Couture quality fabrics, shapes & embellishments in a lavish & gorgeous Aquilano Rimondi collection. Wow! #mfw
16. In the face of doom& gloom economic headlines, Milan fashion reacts with OTT dressing – fur! Jewels! Gold! Baroque! Velvet & much more!