Canada is getting a new set of fashion awards, huzzah! The Canadian Arts & Fashion Awards (CAFA) makes its debut early next year. The awards were created to drive awareness of emerging players within fashion and foster a stronger economic landscape from which they can build. To select the winners, CAFA has appointed a panel of leading industry professionals to form its jury—including FLARE’s fashion director, Tiyana Grulovic.
Grulovic heads up the FLARE fashion department after a five-year tenure with The Globe and Mail overseeing its fashion and design glossy, Globe Style. Grulovic will join Jeanne Beker, David Clemmer and Robert Ott—among others—on the jury, bringing her refined style sense, wit and industry savvy. The first annual awards ceremony will be held on February 1, 2014 at The Fairmont Royal York Hotel. What’s up for grabs? Check out the list of categories below:
- The Womenswear Designer of the Year Award
- The Menswear Designer of the Year Award
- The Emerging Talent Award
- The Outstanding Achievement Award
- The Accessory Designer of the Year Award
- The Canadian Style Award
- The Image Maker Award
- The International Canadian Designer of the Year Award
- The Stylist of the Year Award
- The Model of the Year Award
Visit the CAFA website for more information.