This week, our editors were out and about criss-crossing Canada’s capital of fashion covering events from personal appearances to fashion presentations. Here’s what happened this week:
1. Monday: Totally Zoe-d! Stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe swept through the city for a quick visit to launch her fall collection. We snapped her die-hard fans and asked them a few clever Qs while they waited to meet Zoe.
2. Wednesday: Coo-cooing for Crew. The American mecca launched its first Canadian store at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto and the cult of Crew gathered to meet fashion favourite Jenna Lyons, the brand’s style artbiter.
3. Thursday: Up, up and over the Moon we went. Celebrating one year in fashion, clothing label Moon blew up a balloon (yes, just one) for the fancy fête. Since day one, we’ve swooned for Moon landing one of the season’s most coveted skirts in our September issue.
4. Thursday: The premiere of Primer. Although a mini-launch was done a few months ago, Canadian label Greta Constantine opened their home (well, Krystal Koo’s home) to fully launch the line. A mix of bright stripes and staple jerseys had everyone buzzing about versatile frocks.
5. Friday: Kors ties the knot. What better way to celebrate the marriage of leading womenswear designer Michael Kors than to pop by his new shop in Toronto on Bloor St. The king of sportswear wasn’t on hand to cut the ribbon but we’re sure he’s jetting off to somewhere fabulous with aviators in tow.