As both the Toronto International Film Festival and New York Fashion Week come to a close, we take a look back at some of the best celeb stories, beauty tips, and fashion finds from this week’s posts on FLARE.com:
1. The Night of a Lifetime: FLARE Editor-in-Chief Lisa Tant recounts her evening with the one and only Madonna during the pop icon’s trip to TIFF. The star was in town to premiere her new movie W.E. as well as host an intimate dinner with top Canadian notables. With the help of her many ecstatic tweets from the night, Tant dishes on what it was like to meet the material girl in person.
2. True Love: As every fashion lover knows, it is hard to describe the rush of butterflies that the perfect pair of shoes or the softest leather jacket can inspire in the heart and in the stomach. At NYFW, rushes like this are a dime a dozen, but Elizabeth Cabral, FLARE‘s Fashion Director, lists her must-haves (plus a favourite sighting) from the runway on day five.
3. Bombastic Berry Lips!: It’s a big Spring 2012 runway trend! It’s the colour of candy! It’s the perfect way to brighten up a gloomy fall day! I’m talking about a super-saturated lip colour in a shade of fuschia or orange. Check out these luscious lipgloss pencils from Urban Decay.
4. TIFF Partying From An Insider’s Perspective: Caitlin Cronenberg attended the after party for her dad’s film, A Dangerous Method, and she gave us the inside scoop on the transportation (a big black fleet of cars), the food (mini grilled cheese, because full-sized grilled cheese is for rustic folk), and the celebs (mmm, George Clooney).
5. Avril, Kanye, and a Fake Wedding: What do the three have in common? Each one factors into a cool tidbit of gossip from the streets of New York during fashion week.