New York, London, Milan and Paris. These are the fashion capitals of the world and we’re right in the middle of what we like to call “Fashion Month.” With Liz Cabral, FLARE Fashion Director, in Milan and Lisa Tant, Editor-in-Chief, about to jet off to Paris, here are a few of the hot stories you missed this week as we cover the shows on FLARE.com:
1. Pippa’s front row moment. The Princess’ stylish sister sat front row at London Fashion Week dressed to impress all her photo snapping fans. The UK it-girl is topping the charts in the fame game making her biggest fashion statement to date–taking a front row seat at LFW.
2. Liz Cabral’s Milan favourites. “Well Prada is always fantastic,” predicted Cabral and boy was it ever. Prada’s Spring 2012 collection was revved up cool with a dash of seduction. Our Fashion Director shares a few of her favourites in the stylish city, and even divulges her hush-hush beauty secret.
3. Kanye West, Paris-based designer? The well-known rapper swiftly (get it?) put his name on the Paris Fashion Week calendar and is expected to show his new ninja-inspired collection to all of his fashion fans. We’ve the got the scoop on what’s rumoured to walk the runway.
4. Toronto Fashion Week gets a new groove. With a new downtown location, a few fresh faces and those regular ringleaders, TFW is taking shape for the upcoming Spring 2012 shows. Save the date and start planning your street style worthy outfits for a week’s worth of Canadian fashion.
5. Ciao D&G. Dolce & Gabbana have announced that the punky younger label will fold into the namesake brand in an effort to streamline their image. Find out what the designers had to say about the change, in their own word.