Sick of hearing about Fashion’s Night Out yet? Our inboxes are flooded with details about all the fabulous events that are happening in NYC and around the world (poker night with Valentino, massive catwalk show in Central Park, not to mention all the cool new stuff like Louboutins designed just for the soiree) but really, what’s a Canuck girl who’s north-of-the-border-bound to do? Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up some cool initiatives that are happening in Canada and by Canadians in Manhattan.
1) Holt Renfrew is the only Canadian retailer carrying the official Fashion’s Night Out T-shirt. A portion of the sales will go to the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) as well as the New York AIDS Fund. $25 – Bloor Street only.
2) Head to American Apparel (a brand founded by Montrealer Dov Charney)from 5pm-12 midnight on September 10th to get 10% off your purchase and a chance to win tons of giveaways.
3) If you’re in Manhattan head to Lanvin’s flagship store, featuring windows by Mississauga-raised artist (and Gaga fave) Terence Koh. The store will also be hosting bingo night with Canuck emcee Brad Goreski (aka Rachel Zoe’s side-kick) and will have “Lanvin Loves Fashion’s Night Out” t-shirts, and tons of giveaways. Starting at 6:30 pm, 815 Madison Avenue (at 68th Street).
4) Montreal-based Aldo is celebrating September 10th at their 470 Broadway location by turning the store into the ultimate shop-for-good experience. Pick up a pair of their combat boots (as seen on Jessica Stam) and 50% of the proceeds will go to Aldo Fights Aids in support of NYC AIDS fund. You’ll also receive the limited edition This is Not a Drill tote or purchase one for a mere $10 and see all of the proceeds go to charity.
5) Toronto design duo Jamil and Alia Juma will be helping shoppers out at Henri Bendel on 5th Avenue. Pick up a printed Juma scarf to keep you fashionably warm.
And if all these weren’t enough for you, check out Fashion’s Night Out PSA – featuring a coterie of FLARE cover girls including Chanel Iman, Doutzen Kroes, and Sasha Pivovarova!