It’s the classic tale of the American in Paris but this time there’s a fashionable twist.
Style muse Dree Hemingway debuts a capsule collection with French label Sandro that’s set to land at The Bay this spring. The 10-piece line, which includes printed tops, short shorts and patterned dresses, speaks to the Isabel Marant-type girl who’s matured from her boho look.
Update: Mosha Lundström Halbert, Fashion News Editor, went one-on-one with the design star for a quick Q&A about her new line, available at the White Space at The Bay (March 2012: Queen Street, Vancouver and Montreall).
1. What was the starting point for the collection? It happened organically through meeting Eveleyne by accident. We just talked and realized we shared ideas.
2. What is your favourite piece and how do you plan on wearing it? I love the dresses, and I am actually packing them to take to Australia on a trip this week. They are perfect.
3. What mood do you hope to capture with this collaboration? A bohemian girl with an elegant twist from the ’70s.
4. Speaking of closet updates, what are you currently coveting for Spring? A Céline messenger bag
5. How has your extensive modelling helped you when it comes to design? I have always loved clothes and modelling has exposed me to working with some of the greatest designers working today. From Riccardo Tisci who took me at my first ever show (Givenchy) to Alexander Wang (who took me to the CFDA’S) to Francisco Costa at Calvin Klein who is a close friend.
6. What’s your go-to look right now? My Sandro capsule of course.
7. What are you most looking forward to in the coming fashion weeks? Let’s see where it all goes by the end of the season.