You’re curvy on top with an ample bustline, wide-set shoulders, a tapered torso and small, angular hips.
Famous inverted triangles:
Elle Macpherson, Elizabeth Hurley, Angelina Jolie
What to Shop For:
- Dresses: dresses with wide shoulder straps (which minimize shoulders); corset dresses that flare out over the hips
- Tops: scoop necks to emphasize your chest
- Skirts: full skirts and A-lines to add volume to your lower half
- Pants: pants with angled hip pockets or front pockets to add volume; low-rise pants with wide waistbands to accentuate hips
- Jackets: ones with fitted waists and flared bottoms to fake fuller hips
- Leave on the rack: halters that draw attention to wide shoulders; pencil skirts that accentuate narrow hips; leggings
- Can’t-fail item: pants with hip pockets
- Spring ’07 splurge: the bubble skirt lOverall: Minimize broad shoulders and, with details on pants and full skirts, create the illusion of a curvy lower half.