Tom Ford, designer and fashion’s man of mystery, will tell-all in a new documentary titled Visionaries: Tom Ford on June 24 on the OWN network. The film, which has been top secret till now, follows Ford from his collaboration with Paris Vogue to his grande (yet intimate) debut during New York Fashion Week in September. The reclusive designer invites cameras into his home for a rare look at his life as one of the industry’s most acclaimed designers.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Tom Ford:
1. Ties (and bow ties) give him migraines. They only last a few hours around his neck.
2. He bathes three to five times a day.
3. He suffered from depression following his reign at Gucci. “I remember the day I left Gucci…My last day which was in April. I came home, pulled all the drapes, and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and looked at my calendar. It was usually so full, and there was just nothing. I didn’t know who I was, I didn’t know what i was supposed to be.”
4. His dogs were filmed in his movie A Single Man. “I grafted an enormous part of my life…There’s a very squiggly line between Tom Ford the man and Tom Ford the brand”
5. He doesn’t fear death. “I could absolutely die tomorrow—-I would not care…I feel like I’ve lived, I feel like I’ve had a great life. There are lots of things I’d like to do, I don’t want to die, but I’m comfortable enough with having lived and having experiences that death does not freak me out at all.”(Racked)