FLARE Fashion Director Liz Cabral reports from the trenches of Fashion’s Night Out. Here are her favourite moments:
1. Bieber spotting at Dolce & Gabbana. I don’t think there have ever been so many screaming teenage girls outside the Madison Avenue boutique. Somehow I got caught up in the excitement and was desperately trying to spot the pop squirt. Sadly, my Bieber sighting only came through through a tinted window of an Escalade as he was leaving.
2. Dance off at Lanvin. Lanvin hosted a couples dance off, where they mimicked the choreography to the labels now famous Fall’11 video campaign. Joe Zee was judging and the winner took home a three foot trophy. Love when fashion doesn’t take itself too seriously.
3. Foster the People at Lacoste. The label scored a huge coup by having the band appear at their FNO after party.
4. Calvin Klein’s ode to Lara Stone. The former FLARE model appeared at the flagship shop with a beautiful photo exhibit of the timeless supermodel.
5. Party for the people. Besides the countless celeb sightings, flowing cocktails and fashion madness. It was great to see so many folks out there just celebrating fashion and giving the economy the kick it needs.