With a whopping 13 shows and presentations yesterday, there was a lot to take in. But these five things clearly stood out:
1. Seeing Linda Evangelista at Alexander Wang! A fashion icon, she’s just as stunning now as she was twenty years ago. She also completed the nineties flashback on the runway with oversized backpacks and sporty minimalist looks.
2. I spotted someone at the Helmut Lang show wearing the FLARE X Aldo shoes!! They made their way all the way to NYC.
3. The hand dyed ostrich feather coat at Prabal Gurung actually made me gasp. Oh, and I can’t forget the berry stained lip, need to figure out how to recreate that look!
4. Besides the excellent people watching – the Clarins girls, Gaia Repossi, Julia Restoin Roitfeld – Altuzarra’s surf/sport inspired collection was fun and energizing.
5. Not so much what I loved, but what the street style paps loved – my copper metallic Alexander Wang shirt and novelty Chanel bag had them snapping away. [Oh, who am kidding, who doesn’t love the attention 😉 ]