1. The entire Prada collection! I can’t say that emphatically enough. Only Miuccia Prada could take something as kitsch as greaser muscle cars and use them as a theme to a highly fashionable and covetable collection. From the flame emblazoned jackets to the sheer lace skirts, every piece was desirable and looked fresh.
2. Sergio Rossi’s shoe collection inspired by Hawaii and eroticism– a truly unexpected combination. But it totally worked. Fluoro colours and floral patterns made from some seriously eye catching footwear.
3. Visiting the discreet fashion Mecca that is the Marni outlet. While it’s not on the official schedule, no editor worth her Louboutin’s comes to Milan without making a trip to the outlet situated behind a nondescript gate in a residential area. Fur coats and handbags are a guaranteed steal.
4. The 101 ways D&G reinvented the classic “foulard” – that’s Italian for printed silk scarf. From shift dresses to straight cut pants to even shoes and bags, the colorful prints left a lasting impression on D&G’s final stand alone collection ever.
5. Fendi, responsible for creating the iconic baguette bag circa Sex and the City, this season brought us beaded fur trimmed evening clutches sure to be on every editor’s must shoot list.