Take one fashion blogger, add three one-of-a-kind graphic tees and a Canadian e-retailer, and you’ve got one hot collab to shop. Following their first ever epically chic collab with Song of Style, eLUXE is getting back to basics with Something Navy blogger Arielle Nachmani. FLARE caught up with the budding designer to talk details on her Something Navy for eLUXE line, available April 21. Amusingly, there’s nothing navy about it. —Carly Ostroff
1. Why “Something Navy”? It’s my favourite colour. We kept saying “something navy” 100 times and suddenly, it just clicked — Something Navy. I never in a million years thought I’d still be saying that name six years later!
2. Why did you want to do a line of graphic tees? T-shirts are a staple and every girl in the world has one. I really wanted simple loose-fitting tees with thin material (so it wasn’t your typical cotton tee) with some cute phrases.
3. Why is eLUXE the right partner for you? I’ve seen the work they’ve done before with other bloggers and I really appreciated how they allowed them to make the tees their own and really express their style.
4. How would you style one of your tees? The grey ‘Just Be Easy Baby’ tee I’d pair with black leather pants, pumps and a blazer over my shoulders. Going into summer, I’d pair it with a floral mini skirt or shorts and strappy sandals.
5. How has living in New York City inspired your style? It’s the most amazing place for style inspiration. Every area has a different vibe, from the Lower East Side to the Upper West. I get inspired from people walking down the street or on the subway, graffiti art and restaurants.
6. This collaboration aside, what must-have item do you have an eye on for spring? Cement-coloured Manolo Blahnik Mary-Janes. I am a huge shoe addict. There is no stopping me and it is a serious problem!!
Rapid Fire Round
Heels or flats? Heels, duh.
Boyfriend cut or skinny? Skinny.
New Balance or Nike? Nike!