Last night’s 2012 MTV Video Music Awards proved to be an exciting night full of talent, good (and bad) fashion, and celeb feud awkwardness. Here are our top five moments:
1. Rihanna may have opened the show with her songs “Cockiness” and “We Found Love,” but it was her sideways glances with Katy Perry that caught our attention. After several performances, the two BFFs were seen whispering in each other’s ears, poking each other, and giving not-so-subtle unimpressed looks towards other stars (the best was during One Direction’s performance: Katy was singing along, Rihanna was having none of it).
2. Toronto native Drake picked up an award for Best Hip-Hop Video, winning for his song “HYFR” with Lil Wayne. But the best part? A shout-out to Toronto in his acceptance speech, as well as a dedication to anyone whose ever “walked home alone” after a party.
3. MTV VMA host Kevin Hart made sure to up the dosage on awkward last night: not only did he call out Drake and Chris Brown for their feud, which left Drake smiling awkwardly, but he called out Kristen Stewart for her infidelities as well (but he was on her side, saying “so what? It’s over. Move on”).
4. Twinzies! Miley Cyrus and Pink did the red carpet unthinkable last night: they showed up with the exact same platinum mohawk hairstyle. While we commend Miley for taking risks, our vote has to go to Pink (she did it first). The pop-rock singer wowed the audience last night with an acrobatic performance of “Blow Me (One Last Kiss).”
5. The presenters were just as entertaining as the performers last night. Bridesmaids star Rebel Wilson presented with The Wanted in a bikini t-shirt and a bag of chips, while Andy Samberg and Rashida Jones gave rapping a go (“sometimes I eat my feelings and I blame it on my therapist,” Jones rapped). – Christian Allaire