TOP 10 FASHION & BEAUTY MOMENTS IN FILM With the awards season hoopla in full swing, here’s our roundup of our favorite beauty and fashion moments in film in 2008.
1. Scarlett Johansson’s makeup in The Sprit was goth glamour perfection with her dark lips, matte complexion and black lacquered talons.
2. Keira Knightley’s updo in The Duchess may not have rivaled Kirsten Dunst’s confections in Marie Antoinette, but we were smitten with her voluminous curly locks.
3. We had no interest in ever faking a tan again until we laid eyes on quintessential Bond beauty Olga Kurylenko’s glow in Quantum of Solace.
4. With her hourglass figure and cleavage bearing dresses, Beyoncé pulled off 50s retro glam perfectly in her turns as Etta James in Cadillac Records.
The Other Boleyn Girl
5. The Other Boleyn Girl wasn’t exactly a box office smash, but it had us trying everything to get Scarlett Johansson’s and Natalie Portman’s dewy, ethereally glowing skin.
6. Nicole Kidman’s wardrobe stole the show in Australia. We were particularly fond of her impeccably tailored aristocratic suits, accessorized to perfection with Ferragamo shoes and Prada luggage.
7. Donning 1920’s classics such as fur collared coats, brooches and bucket hats, Angelina Jolie swapped her sex kitten image for retro ladylike elegance in Changeling.
8. Spanning several decades and continents, Brideshead Revisited, starring Emma Thompson and Hayley Atwell, landed on our radar for its flapper inspired fashions, ethnic indo-Asian embroidery and sequin embellishments.
Sex and the City
9. Sex and the City is a definite shoe-in for best fashion flick of the year. Carrie Bradshaw’s eccentric mix and match style courtesy of Patricia Field is something we will never tire of.
10. Gwyneth Paltrow rocked the secretary chic look in Iron Man sporting several pairs of Christian Louboutin stilettos. The leggy star continued the extreme heel trend at all of her red carpet premieres, topping several best-dressed lists.