When Madonna teased a new music video for her song “B*tch I’m Madonna” promising appearances by Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Rita Ora, the Internet erupted with speculation of a Westside Story–style battle between Her Madgesty and another blonde pop star’s squad. Well, the video dropped today, and while it delivered the promised all-star cameos and more (even Kanye, Diplo, Chris Rock and Alexander Wang dropped by), it was less “Bad Blood” and more Studio 54 (it was shot in NYC’s iconic Boom Boom Room, after all). Read on for five clues that Madge has been building her own #SuperSquad for quite some time, then scroll down for a sneak peek at all the cameos. Watch it now on Vevo.
1. She grinded with Miley on MTV Unplugged
2. She wore matching in Moschino with Katy Perry at the Met Gala
3. She got cozy with Bey at the Tidal launch
4. When she dropped “Give Me All Your Luvin” back in 2012 with Nicki Minaj and Diplo’s ex M.I.A.
5. She snapped selfies with Yeezy
Check out the superstar cameos: