The lead-up to the highly- and hotly-anticipated movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ wildly popular novel The Hunger Games has been a frenzy of publicity. Stars Jennifer Lawrence, Elizabeth Banks and Liam Hemsworth have been all over the world (including Toronto!) to promote the film. Check our week’s worth of Hunger Games mania:
1. Already a break-out red carpet star, Jennifer Lawrence pulls off a stunning series of looks for the movies parade of premieres and TV appearances.
2. The movie’s makeup artist, Ve Neill, talks about Katniss Everdeen’s beauty transformation from small-town huntress to unlikely star.
3. Costume designer Judianna Makovsky talks about the film’s retro futurism.
4. We get the scoop on all those crazy-coloured wigs.
5. Entertainment editor Ryan Porter gives his take on whether the film lives up to sky-high expectation.