We’re excited to welcome British teen singing sensation Birdy to the FLARE offices today! Visit facebook.com/FLAREfashion on Monday, April 14 at 3 p.m. EST and ask her about music, fashion, beauty—anything. (You can also leave questions for Birdy below or e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.) Then, tune in for our live chat.
Until then, let us count the many reasons we love Birdy.
1. Her cover of Bon Iver’s “Skinny Love” has over 100 million combined hits on YouTube.
2. She received her first Grammy nomination—for “Learn Me Right” with Mumford & Sons—at just 15 years old.
3. The “You Light Me Up” video has some pretty killer outfits, including this pattern-on-pattern situation…
…and a plaid crop-top paired with jean cut-offs and black-and-white striped tights:
4. At 17, Birdy is already a fashion risk-taker: we love this matching brocade crop-top and shorts combo from the 2014 Echo Music Awards.
5. We are SO JEALOUS of her mermaid hair.
7. Sure, her stage-moniker is super-cute, but Birdy’s real name is a stunner: Jasmine van den Bogaerde.
8. “Wings,” the lead single from her new album, Fire Within, was one of our favourite ballads from last year.
9. Birdy’s ballads are perfect for break-ups or moping about. The new “Words As Weapons” video features the singer as a ghost haunting her ex and his new lady—a situation with which we can all relate. (Be honest!)