1. She’s Canadian. The 29-year-old singer-songwriter was born and raised in Mission, British Columbia.
2. She’s a natural beauty. Jepsen’s makeup kit is full of all-natural products, and she was the first celebrity ambassador for Güd, Burt’s Bees’ natural hair and body line.
3. Her Instagram. Her girl-next-door-meets-chart-topping-sensation personality makes for the cutest snaps; she’s one of the few celebs who can post a pic of her and the Biebs, then share a photo of her grandmother right after.
4. Her bangs. Just look at them—not a single hair of that killer fringe is ever out of place.
5. She can bake a mean cheesecake—actually, a bunch of them. When Jepsen lived in Vancouver, she worked as a barista and pastry chef assistant at Trees Organic Coffee; now, she says she doesn’t know how to make anything but an entire batch of cheesecakes, not just one.
One thing we DON’T like: Canadians can’t listen to “I Really Like You” on YouTube—Vevo appears to have blocked the audio-only video for users north of the border. Currently, the single is only available for purchase on iTunes. We really, really, really, really, really, really don’t like that. Come on, Vevo!