It can happen to the best of us: You have a lapse in judgement and your knee-jerk reaction ends up on social media. Cue immediate regret. But unlike celebs with gazillions of followers, your strange, swiftly deleted tweets probably go mostly unnoticed. Not so for our famous friends, whose moments of not-thinking are screen-grabbed and remembered for eternity. Herewith, the best, funniest, juiciest and weirdest celeb tweet and deletes ever.
10. When Gigi kinda-tweeted about her romance with Zayn
Gigi Hadid had a lot to say on Twitter earlier this week after pics of her holding hands with Zayn Malik hit the web. Seemingly in response to peeps hating on the hook-up,she posted this on Monday: “There’s just no need to be judgmental about situations that are not your own. Let live.” “Sometimes life just happens. For whatever reason in whatever timing. And sometimes it doesn’t make sense til it does. That’s it.” After a couple more cryptic tweets, a change of heart, and a clean sweep delete of all the evidence, Gigi told people to CHILL. (P.S. Maybe ex Joe Jonas needs that same memo after unfollowing Gigi on Insta and deleting an old pic of him with Malik. #jussayin’)
9. When Russell Brand tweeted a not-so-cute makeup-free pic of then-wife Katy Perry
This lapse in judgment was grounds enough for divorce, if you ask us. SMH.
8. When Lindsay Lohan aired her dating dramz
It feels like decades ago that LiLo’s relationship with DJ Samantha Ronson was all over the gossip blogs, but we still remember back in 2010 when our favourite redhead couldn’t resist accusing her on-again-off-again GF of cheating.
7. When Kim Kardashian got into a little political hot water
The she decided to stick to tweeting about hair colour decisions.
6. When Amanda Bynes tried to start a Twitter feud with none other than Jay-Z
The one-time American sweetheart tried to wage war with none other than Hova. Jay was silent, Bynes took the tweet down and then proceeded to target another unsuspecting victim.
5. When Mary J. Blige sent this poorly crafted tweet and we all cringed
We’ll chalk this one up to a keystroke error, but good call on taking it down. (We still love you, MJB!)
4. When Alexa Chung made us conjure a mental image we never thought we’d have
Just so many LOLZ about this quickly deleted but hilar tweet from fashion darling Alexa Chung.
3. When Courtney Love informed Lana Del Rey about the, ahem, inspiration behind “Heart-shaped Box” after Lana performed a cover of the song
We never thought we’d see so many tweets with the word “vagina” within a span of three minutes.
2. When Kanye Kanye’d Jimmy Kimmel
Yeezy did not appreciate a spoof sketch of him on Kimmel’s late night show.
1. When Rob Kardashian tweeted cheating accusations at ex-GF Rita Ora and she took it all in stride
The other Kardashian went on a Twitter rant back in 2012 accusing his ex of cheating with 20 guys. FLARE’s August 2014 cover girl commented on his nasty public lashing later, taking the high road and calling Rob a “great dude.” #Classy.
How Do I Keep My Job and My Brash Social Media Persona?
5 Fiercely Funny Female Comedians to Follow on Twitter
15 Celebs Who Are Killing It on Snapchat Right Now
Lylexox’s Makeup Meets Garbage Instagram Is Blowing Up