Tips for starting your own Book Club
A book club is a great way to interact with people who share your love for books. It’s also a fun and easy way to meet new people and make new friends. Here are some tips on how to start your own book club:
1) Post notices in your local bookstore, around your office, in the library and in your local newspaper.
2) Look beyond your friends! Look for a diverse group of people who will bring interesting insight and viewpoints to your book discussions
3) Ask prospective book club members what their expectations are and what type of books they would like to read.
4) Let each member get a chance to pick a book of their choice. It will expand your bookshelf and get you to read books you may have never chosen.
5) Pick a night once a month – or how ever often meetings will work for all of you – to meet and talk about your book of the month.
6) Make your meetings fun! Have a potluck dinner, sip martinis, or provide coffee and treats. Try to theme your night according to the style of your book. This month’s selection about life in Paris? Serve up some delectable French pastries!