Colour is everywhere this spring, and the juicier the better. From fuchsia and tangerine to shimmering metallics, add colour to your prom palette and you’re guaranteed to pop
1. Prep skin by using concealer on problem spots, followed by a tinted moisturizer all over the face.
2. Lightly dust the apples of your cheeks with blush. Choose a blush in a lighter tone of the lip colour you have planned.
3. Apply a gold or silver shimmery shadow across your lids, and then dab the same shade in the inside corners of your eyes. Go for the metallic shade that best matches your dress. For example, a cooler tone like purple or blue tends to look best with silver, but warmer tones like red and green will suit gold. Or, try them both, as seen here at Chanel:
by Anthea Simms
4. Curl your lashes if necessary and finish off with a coat of mascara.
5. Amp up your look by choosing a lipcolour in a bright shade – either in a glossy or matte finish. Fuchsia and tangerine are the colours of the season, just remember to mind the following when it comes to your skin tone:
Pale skin: Min Min suggests a softer shade of fuchsia.
Yellow-toned skin: Try tangerine shades with a cool undertone.
Dark skin: Any colour will work, but make sure it has a touch of shimmer to it.
Feeling gutsy? Paint your nails to match your lips. This fun touch will really complete the look and seriously up the trend factor.