When Austrian artist Gustav Klimt added gold leaf to his paintings in 1907, taking inspiration from Venetian mosaics, it launched the art nouveau master’s famous Golden Period. His iconic nude damsels, Water Serpents II, recently fetched a reported $120 million in a private sale, and other works are featured in London National Gallery’s Facing the Modern: The Portrait in Vienna 1900, until mid-January. Designers such as L’Wren Scott, who presented blazing peep-toes and glimmering tweed on the runway, caught a glint of Klimtomania this fall. And the spring shows promise a new gilded age in beauty: foiled lashes and hair parts at Dries Van Noten, brocade eyebrows at Christian Dior. Here, the glitziest holiday liners and shadows to add your own Midas touch.
1. MIRABELLA Glitter Glaze, $38.
2. PIXI Lid Last Shadow Pen in Gentle Gold, $18.
3. THE BODY SHOP Colour Crush Eye Shadow in Golden Girl, $10.
4. RIMMEL Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Precious Gold, $7.
5. SISLEY Phyto-Ombre Glow Metallic Eye Shadow in Gold, $53.
6. URBAN DECAY 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Goldmine, $23