Though a face full of glitter should remain in the realm of childhood, a hit of shimmer here or there is a sure way to banish the beauty blahs. With a host of glitzy products hitting store shelves this season, prepare to garner attention for that twinkle (literal or figurative) in your eye.
1. Sweet Cheeks: Sweep a light-reflecting blush onto cheek bones for a radiant flush. If the palette is packed with miniscule flecks of glitter like Chanel’s Brompton Road, so much the better.
FLARE pick: Chanel Highlighting Powder and Blush in Brompton Road, $74, exclusively at Holt Renfrew starting February 27, 2012 for a limited time.
2. Glamour Eyes: Keep the focus on your peepers with a sparkly shadow palette. Dab a light, shimmering shade on the centre of your lids to add depth and make ’em pop.
FLARE pick: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Luminizing Eyeshadow in Pink Punch, $12, drug stores and mass retailers.
3. Glimmer Pout: Choose a gold or soft pink gloss that doesn’t stray too far from your natural lip colour.
FLARE pick: Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss, $27, at all Bobbi Brown counters.
4. Sparkle Tips: Glitter polishes are everywhere, but the best ones are chock full of glitz to provide an even application of particles. Sally Hansen’s Big Money is one of our faves because it’s made with ultra fine gold sparkles mixed with larger lavender flecks for added interest.
FLARE pick: Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Color in Big Money, $7, drug stores and mass retailers.
5. Flash Lashes: The ultimate proof that sparkles are for grownups (if you still need to be convinced): Lancôme is launching a black mascara in May that’s tricked out with silvery blue glitter. Guess who will be first in line!
FLARE pick: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara in Strass Black, $31, lancôme.ca (May 2012)