1. She’s Maybelline’s latest spokesperson, following another über, Jourdan Dunn.
2. She was born with it—money, that is. Her father is Mohamed Hadid, the Palestinean real estate developer behind numerous Ritz-Carlton hotels, and her step-dad is Canadian music producer David Foster (who’s worked with J. Lo and Whitney Houston).
3. Her mother, a former model, is one of the main housewives on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
4. Born Jelena Noura Hadid, “Gigi” got her modelling start at the age of two with Baby Guess, then re-signed with the bombshell-seeking brand in 2012 when she was 18.
5. Former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld is responsible for her high-fashion makeover. A noted mentor, the editrix tapped Hadid for the cover of her CR Fashion Book last year
6. She’s since walked for Marc Jacobs and Chanel at spring 2015 shows (i.e., she’s a bona fide social-magnet-cum-fashion-girl now à la Kendall Jenner).
7. Speaking of Kendall Jenner, they’re besties (they travelled to Dubai over the holidays together, along with Selena Gomez).
8. She’s in an on-again-off-again relationship with the Bieber-esque singer Cody Simpson.
9. She’s working the social media angle well, with 199,000 Twitter followers and 1.5 million Instagram followers.
10. She studies criminal psychology at Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts in New York, but hopes to someday have her own talk show. We’d totally watch it.