1. A little window shopping at Prada. Lots of colour – rainbow bright handbags and macaron-hued pumps.
2. My morning starts with a gorgeous man @brian_atwood. He’s telling me about his Oscar ladies.
3. @brian_atwood is leaving for LA on Friday for the big Oscar weekend. Look for his spikes & clutches on Hollywood’s A-listers.
4. Why can’t I tweet pix at designer showrooms? They tell me that early tweets mean their designs get ripped off before they hit store shelves
5. Love @brian_atwood reply when asked if he’s going to design lower heel ladylike shoes. “Hell no, I’m not that kind of guy!”
6. Gucci invite is aubergine flocked velvet that’s left a messy trail, like stubble, all over my duvet cover.
7. Part poet, part swashbuckler, part Hollywood, part Hugh Hefner’s jammies, the Gucci show is ka-ching!!
8. Lots of velvet at Gucci but what I loved best were the oversized military inspired coats #mfw
9. Frida Giannini describes Gucci “like muse with a tormented soul” Lovely rich hues whipped up in velvet, fur, leather, glossy feathers #mfw
10. A t-shirt and tote arrive with Giorgio Armani invite – promotes his clean drinking water initiative
11. Overheard major retailers at #mfw moaning about the dollars lost from the closing of the D&G collection.
12. Alberta Ferretti is either structured menswear inspired (pronounced shoulders) or sheer and seamed shifts. Black and some magenta
13. Pretty collection of contrasts at No21 #mfw Tweedy wool suit w/ sheer top, luxe wool sweatshirt w/ heavy lace skirts. Velvet shoes.
14. At Francesco Scognamiglio (Gaga is fan) where inspiration is described as “surrealism that explodes in the Freudian symbol of an open fruit”
15. Now I get the Freudian reference at Scognamiglio. Front peplums look like, uh, untucked napkins. How’s that? #mfw
16. Prada show is tomorrow night. The idea of it never fails to give me butterflies. #mfw
17. Francesco Scognamiglio described the peach doo-dads in his show as segments of pink grapefruit. I mistook them for lobster claws #unfortunate