1. Remember These Names. Up-and-coming designers Caitlin Power and Golnaz Ashtiani presented their first collections under the tents and certainly left us wanting more.
2. Insectica. Fan favourite Sunny Fong showed his first Resort line, in addition to his Spring 2012 collection, to a cheery crowd. The former Project Runway star remains one of the must-see shows of the week.
3. Florals for Spring. Toronto’s own Sarah Stevenson showcased a line of photo-real florals fit for the upcoming season. The wearable art-inspired pieces mixed digital art with Stevenson’s handiwork.
4. Get Fresh. Joe Mimran and his design team debuted yet another highly coveted runway collection. And now with new stand-alone shops popping up at home and in the U.S. fingers and toes are crossed that his neoprene-filled line-up will land on racks this spring season.
5. And Pink Tartan Created Woman. Just off of her presentation at New York Fashion Week, designer Kimberley Newport-Mimran brought her spring line home for a walk down the runway at Toronto Fashion Week. An ode to the ’60s had every one applauding the hometown favourite.