1. Pencil Skirts: Boring, you say? I beg to differ. My day started at Roland Mouret’s show where I saw the most brilliant cherry-red slim skirt paired with a simple white pique top and black belt. Heaven. And then Lanvin showed a sexy grouping in a techno fabric in a dark smoke hue. I know what I’ll be wearing come spring.
2. Quirky Designers: A waiter stood on stage at Hussein Chalayan’s show handing out flutes of champagne to the models. I knew exactly who it was – Hussein! At the end of the show, he started to walk off stage but quickly moved to the centre for his bow. And I can’t forget Dame Vivienne Westwood. She took her final bow with her husband, surrounded by all of her show’s models. I loved her look – a handful of her yellow-orange hair pulled into a topknot, a navy dress, mesh dotted knee socks and brown clunky sandals.
3. Karlie Kloss: This young American teenager has such a distinctive look – a loping walk and a death stare that she uses to great effect when she closes a dramatic show like Lanvin’s. But at the sight of her goofy grin, it’s easy to imagine her clowning around with her fellow models backstage.
4. Being At The Shows: One thing online galleries never show is the back and sides of an outfit. The action at Lanvin was all in the back with gorgeous draped cowls on sleek shifts.
5. Isabel Marant’s Magic Touch: Marant’s show was a mash-up of cool girl style – one part Ibiza club chick, Parisian street chic-ette, California varsity cool girl and Victoria Secret’s cheese. I could spot the blockbusters one after the other – tie-dye super slouchy jeans, patchwork denim mini dresses, breezy white peasant blouses, embellished and tie-dyed cropped jackets, and oversized mega-yarn sweaters. These will sell out the minute they hit store shelves.